Under stained glass glazing means the creation of a transparent facade structure, which is made of double-glazed windows. Glazing allows you to make the facade of the building more beautiful and choose one of the many design options.
Stained glass glazing is carried out in cases where it is not possible to install standard windows. An example may be bay windows or spans. With stained glass, you can give the building a different shape. Any structure, the facade of which is made of glass structures, becomes more modern and begins to stand out among other buildings. That is why many owners of cottages begin to create buildings in a modern style, with stained glass facades.
Stained glass glazing can be either framed or frameless. Glass structures are made of the following materials:
To decide whether it is necessary to produce stained glass, it is worth considering the advantages and disadvantages.
Pros of stained glass
The advantages include:
- Economical. This type of facade decoration takes less time and requires less money. Glass structures are cheaper than other types of facade. It is worth noting that the installation of such systems allows you to save on lighting, as most of the day the rooms will be well lit.
- Durability of the structure. The life of aluminum products is approximately 70 years. The same amount can withstand glass. All materials used for stained glass glazing are able to withstand the effects of moisture and other external factors.
- Strength. Despite the fact that the design of the glass does not look reliable enough, the triplex can withstand a shock weighing up to 80 kg. Such loads practically never affect such structures. It is worth noting that when building facades are used, armored glass is usually used, which is almost impossible to break. For the balcony is suitable and cheaper products.
- Light transmittance. When installing glass panels in the room penetrates almost 2 times more light than when installing standard windows. This means that the stained glass glazing allows you to make staying in such a building more comfortable.
- Simplicity of repair. To replace the damaged glass, it is sufficient to install a new panel without dismantling the entire system. Thanks to the ability to remove any element, the process of care for the glass is simple enough.
- High thermal insulation characteristics. When glazing installed double-glazed windows, which are able to protect against severe frost and prevent the loss of heat from the room.
- Good sound insulation. Due to the fact that the double-glazed windows are absolutely sealed, almost sounds can be heard indoors, which spread around the building. Such products are often used for balcony glazing. This allows you to make the rest more comfortable.
- Ease of construction. Due to the ease of stained glass glazing can be carried out even in dilapidated buildings.
- Fire safety. Materials used to create stained glass do not burn and do not smoke when a fire occurs.
- Variety of types of structures. Glass structures can be selected for different types of buildings, regardless of their shape.
- A lot of colors. Glass structures can be transparent, darkened or colored. You can choose as stained glass, and transparent designs, the profile of which is painted in a certain shade.
It is also worth noting that the glazed building stands out against the background of other buildings and looks more attractive.
The disadvantages include instability with a significant wind load, as well as during the seismic activity of the soil. It is worth noting that in such buildings will be uncomfortable for people who are afraid of heights. Another disadvantage is the need for constant cleaning of the glass, since the dirt on the glass surface is more visible.
Despite the shortcomings, the stained-glass glazing of the facades is made when decorating both office buildings and residential buildings.
Types of systems by type of attachment
All stained glass systems are divided into the following types:
The choice of a particular type of stained glass depends on the conditions of use and the requirements for window systems.
Such stained-glass windows are a design from vertical racks to which horizontal crossbars are attached. The advantages of such a system include:
- High thermal insulation. This characteristic allows to produce stained glass facades in regions where there are severe frosts in the winter.
- Ease of installation.
- Replaceability of aluminum profiles.
- Possibility to change the direction of the racks and crossbars. Thanks to this, with the help of such systems, it is possible to produce stained glass facades not only of a straight surface, but also to create conical tops of knowledge, and also to attach sloping structures to the building.
A distinctive feature of semistructured glazing is the use of glazing beads to tighten the glass unit to the profile structure. In the classical rack-and-beam systems, massive overlays are used for this.
Advantages of such glazing include high reliability of systems, thanks to which more dimensional double-glazed windows are created. Width and height can reach 3000 mm. Also worth noting is the ability to install opening windows of various sizes. Such systems look easy, so they are often installed on heavy structures.
This type of glazing is one of the most common and is used for decoration of residential buildings, business centers, shops and public buildings. The given system of fastening of double-glazed windows allows to create surfaces on which it is not visible pressing elements. Thanks to this, the buildings look more stylish than with other types of glazing.
After structural glazing, the facade of the building becomes monolithic, due to which it becomes less polluted, because most of the contamination usually settles on the protrusions and crevices. It is worth noting and such a feature as a good light transmission in comparison with other types of glass systems.
False glazing allows you to completely transform the structure without introducing major changes in the design. Glass panels are fixed on top of the facade and give the impression that the building is completely glazed. This option is chosen in several cases:
- To transform a building that is next to business centers or public buildings;
- to improve the appearance of the structure;
- to facilitate the process of surface care.
The described glass panels are easily cleaned from pollution by a stream of water, therefore they are installed on many structures.
Stained Glass Balcony Glazing
Stained glass glazing of balconies is often carried out by owners of new houses. This is due to the more modern type of such structures. This type of glazing has several advantages:
- Lightweight design.
- Abundance of light. Due to the fact that the light freely penetrates to the balcony, the space is fully illuminated, which contributes to a more comfortable rest during the daytime.
- Versatility of glass structures for a balcony. You can install the stained glass systems on any shape and size.
- Aesthetics. Any balcony glazed in this way will look more attractive than standard glazing.
Use stained glass for the balcony is in case the apartment is at a sufficient height to observe the neighborhood. The glazing of the balcony on the first floor will not change anything.
The main drawback of this type of balcony glazing is the ability to view it from the outside. Openness of the balcony can cause discomfort to the owner of the apartment, if he lives on the first or second floor. In this case, such balconies are difficult to wash outside. Another disadvantage is the appearance of vibration in strong winds.
How to paste a vinyl wallpaper
What color can you paint paper wallpaper
Preparation of walls for decorative plastering
Plastering of wooden walls with own hands