Quelyd glue is suitable for almost all types of non-woven wallpaper. It can be used for both heavy finishing materials and for light. It is easily applied to the surface. It is important to remember that when using non-woven wallpaper, the substance does not need to be applied to the canvas. After reading reviews about the glue described, you can be sure of its reliability.
General Product Description
One of the advantages of the described Quelyd glue is the quick and simple process of gluing the wallpaper. It is worth noting that after applying the composition to the wall, the applied material slides well over it, which simplifies the process of joining the webs.
After drying, the glue does not react with coloring substances, so you do not have to worry about that it will ruin the appearance of the finishing material. The composition added bactericidal elements, which prevent the occurrence of wallpaper mold and fungus. If necessary, the wallpaper is easily removed, and the glue leaves no residue on the surface of the wall. Preparation of the solution occurs within 10 minutes. After application, the adhesive sets for 2 days. The package indicates the information that it is enough to cover the surface of 35 square meters. But this figure is only an average value, so it is better to purchase a larger amount of the mixture.
Properties of the glue
The adhesive glue called Quelyd, designed for non-woven wallpaper, is suitable for all types of finishing materials:
- heavy vinyl wallpaper;
- wallpaper for painting;
- light vinyl wallpaper.
Described adhesive "special non-woven" allows you to securely fix on the wall large fabrics of finishing material. The advantages of this composition include:
- Easy application of glue with both brush and roller. When applied to a wall, the solution is evenly distributed over the surface, so bubbles do not appear even if the person is finishing the room for the first time.
- Quick setting of the glue. After the wallpaper is smoothed on the wall, you can start to glue the next canvas, without worrying about that the previous one will start to exfoliate. This allows you to speed up the process of pasting the room.
- Good sliding ability. This characteristic is important enough, because when you paste a wide wallpaper it is difficult to install the material in the right position from the first time. If you need to move the pressed wallpaper on the wall, you need to do this immediately after they have touched the glue.
- No traces on the wall after the wallpaper is removed from the surface. If you want to change the design of the room, you do not need to spend a lot of time removing the remnants of glue from the surface.
- Security. All the components that are used to create the Quelyd glue are not harmful to health.
Quelyd glue after stirring is a colorless mixture. After drying, the composition does not change its color, so you do not have to worry about the appearance of yellow stains or the change in the shade of the finishing material. Final setting occurs within 2 days, but this depends on the air temperature and humidity.
Use a mixture of "Special fleece" is at a temperature of 5 to 25 degrees. Store glue in powder form for an unlimited amount of time, subject to the conditions specified by the manufacturer. If the glue is already mixed, it can be used only for a week, after which it is necessary to prepare a new solution.
Surface Preparation and Mixing Process
The basic requirements for the surface are that it must be:
Also, the wall should not absorb moisture. If previously the walls in the room were painted, they need to be plastered. After application and drying of the plaster, the surface should be washed with a detergent and then rinsed with water. If the walls are made of materials that absorb moisture well, they must be primed.
Preparation of Quelyd special adhesive nonwoven occurs as follows:
- First you need to prepare 5 liters of cold water;
- then you need to start stirring the water to create a small whirlpool;
- After this, the Quelyd glue gradually falls asleep;
- Mixing must be continued until the entire contents of the package are in the bucket.
After the composition of Quelyd becomes uniform, it can be applied to the wall. Before using the adhesive, you need to make sure that the entire wall surface is uniform. Even a small area with flaking paint or plaster can cause large bubbles. It is also important to level the walls if the swings are noticeable without the use of a plumb.
Application of glue on the wall and gluing of wallpaper
First, at a distance of about 50 mm from the door and windows, a vertical line is drawn using a plumb line. This is necessary in order to accurately cut the canvas, which will be located near the opening.
After this, it is necessary to evenly apply special non-woven adhesive to the wall surface with the help of a wallpaper brush or roller. The composition should be located on an area exceeding the width of the roll. Angles and places near skirting boards should be smeared more carefully.
After the application of the composition, the previously cut web is pasted along the drawn vertical line. If it is not drawn on the wall, the canvas may not be placed vertically. Smoothing of the pasted sheet is from top to bottom and from the center to the edges. Do this carefully so as not to leave even small bubbles under the wallpaper, as when the adhesive is dry, they can increase in size.
The subsequent webs are pasted on and along the line to maintain verticality. If the material is subsequently painted, it should be done no earlier than a day after the described work. If you start painting before the recommended time, wallpaper can begin to flake due to the abundance of moisture.
In order to avoid difficulties during the pasting, it is worth knowing in advance about some features of the work:
- The Quelyd special adhesive is not suitable for paper wallpapers. The described method of application is also not applicable when using this type of finishing material.
- To clean the walls more effectively, it is enough to soak them with a chlorine compound, and then wash it off with warm water. Do everything you need only a clean sponge so that there are no bleeding on the wall.
- Remove all surpluses of the adhesive only with a damp sponge.
- Tools from time to time need to be washed with warm water, if not, the glue can quickly solidify and remove it will be more difficult. The same rule applies to the removal of surplus composition at the joints of the finishing materials. If you leave even a small amount of glue, it will be very difficult to remove it.
- Work with glue is only in gloves. If the adhesive comes in contact with the eye, immediately flush with running water.
It is also worth remembering that during the pasting of walls it is impossible to keep windows and doors open, as this will contribute to the appearance of a draft. It is important to keep the recommended temperature in the room, since when it falls, the mixture solidifies. If the temperature is increased, the composition becomes less viscous, so the material may become unreliable.
Reviews of the described composition indicate that it quickly grasps and does not appear on thin wallpaper.
Distinctive features of Quelyd glue
The described composition is enough to dissolve in water and after 10 minutes it will be possible to begin gluing the room. A distinctive feature of this product from other similar mixtures is safety. Thanks to this, work can be done in the presence of other people, which will not affect their health in any way.
It is worth noting that this adhesive is suitable for fixing wallpaper in the bathroom. Also a feature is the small consumption of the composition. One package is enough for about 5 rolls of wallpaper.
Adhesive "special fleece" can be used for various types of materials:
- velor wallpaper;
All this suggests that if you decide to decorate the room with fleece wallpaper, it is worth choosing this glue. Reviews of it indicate that it is suitable for almost all non-woven wallpaper.
Drawings with liquid wallpaper
Flizeline wallpaper in the interior of the apartment
Wallpaper adhesive for non-woven wallpaper
Wallpaper two types of wallpaper