You bought a car, and there's nowhere to put it? Many are so keen on buying a vehicle that they think about building a garage in the last place. And I do not want to leave him in the courtyard of a multi-storey or private house, and it's not safe either. The car can be stolen, scratched, broken glass. And the atmospheric influence is not very beneficial for the body. That's why you need to buy or build a garage. If the purchase is simple and clear, then the construction should pay special attention. The main question that is asked by those who want to build a garage is how to build it. There are many options, but in this article we will consider the construction of a garage of expanded clay blocks.
What is claydite concrete? What are its pros and cons? What do you need to know in order to build a garage from these blocks? You will learn all this from this material.
Overview of expanded clay blocks
You will be surprised, but the construction of a garage of expanded clay blocks will cost you much cheaper and faster than a garage made of bricks. Moreover, the design will be lighter, durable and warmer. It's all about the characteristics of expanded clay concrete. In addition to cement, such blocks have a composition of expanded clay, which is known for its thermal insulation properties. It is porous, can absorb and store a lot of liquid in itself. What is the advantage of this material for building a garage?
- It has a low cost. If you compare it with a brick, the cost of 1 m3 the walls of the brick will be much higher. It will take a lot of bricks and mortar to it. Even some types of foam blocks will cost more. For a small price you will get an excellent garage.
- Light weight. The blocks are light, so the whole structure will not be heavy. You can save on the foundation. And it's much easier to work with the material.
- Resistance to frost. The freezing and thawing processes are not dangerous for the material.
- He has high resistance to fire.
- Will not rot and rust.
- The built-up garage will have good thermal insulation and sound insulation.
- Easy to use with blocks not less important moment.
That's why many builders prefer claydite block. And for the garage, he does perfectly. And the fact that you can save money on hiring experts, doing everything with your own hands, also speaks in favor of this material. Let's look at the technology of building a garage from claydite blocks from scratch.
Stage 1 - Planning
At first everything comes down to the work of the mind, on paper. You must have a plan or drawing, which describes in detail the dimensions of the garage, the type of foundation, the dimensions of the foundation, the type of roof and the calculation of the necessary materials. Without a plan to start building is stupid. It's like going to an unfamiliar city without a map. You can not go there. With the garage everything is also: if you do not have a landmark in construction, then success is not guaranteed.
You need to make a garage that would fit not only the car, but also the parts, tools and other things. Often in the garages make a workplace where you can spend time repairing the car. The room should not impede your movements, and for entering and leaving it you do not need to perform serious maneuvers. In addition, choose the type of foundation, schematically depict it and calculate the amount of concrete. Such a plan will help you build a garage of claydite-concrete blocks with your own hands quickly and correctly.
Phase # 2 - site preparation
When everything is ready on paper, you can implement plans. The first thing to do is work on the site where the garage will be located. It must be prepared. First, remove everything that will disturb you. Stumps, bushes, garbage, tall grass or trees - all this will only hinder you. You can remove them both manually and with the help of special equipment.
It is desirable that the site is aligned. Strong changes will only interfere. Fill the deep holes, and level the big mounds. After such manipulations, you can start working.
Stage number 3 - foundation
The foundation must be built according to the plan. Since claydite concrete is a light material, for a small garage the tape foundation of the middle deepness will also come down. You can build the ribbon foundation yourself. Let's take a look at the instructions in detail:
- Marking is done on the site. The form of the garage foundation will resemble a rectangle. When doing markup, observe all dimensions.
- Focusing on the markings you made, start digging a trench. Its depth depends on many factors, however, on average, a small garage will be enough for 50-60 cm. Make sure that the walls are level.
- The bottom of the trench needs to be tampered with and made on it a sand pillow. Its thickness is 15-20 cm. Thoroughly sand the sand, moistening it with water.
- Next, it's time to make the formwork. Using boards, knock off the formwork, fix it and tape it.
- Inside, it is necessary to perform reinforcement using reinforcing bars. It is important that the reinforcement does not touch the formwork and does not protrude beyond the upper part.
- Now you can pour the base of the garage with concrete, sealing it and leveling it from above.
Stage number 4 - masonry walls
On the drying of the foundation of concrete takes about 3-4 weeks. After that, you can proceed to laying walls from expanded clay blocks. The process is not complex, but requiring attention.
To protect the walls from dampness, several layers of waterproofing must be laid on the foundation. Use a ruberoid. It is cheap and does an excellent job. Next, proceed to the laying. Unlike a brick, you can build walls in one block. Here's what you need to do:
- Place the corner blocks on both sides. They should be set perfectly under the level, as they will play the role of guides.
- Between the blocks, pull the fishing line, which should touch their top. It is on it you will lay out the rest of the blocks.
- To fix the cement mortar is used, and for the fit use a rubber mallet.
- Lay out the first row of blocks along the line.
- When the perimeter is ready, start all the same procedure: set the corner blocks, pull the line and lay out the second row. Only here it needs to be done with a bandage, so that the structure is strong.
When building a box, form the window openings and place under the gate. When the walls have reached the required level, you can proceed to the next stage of work. Only here before this should be made reinforced belt, as on the top of the walls will be an additional load from the roof.
Stage number 5 - roof construction
Again, first you need to make a high-quality waterproofing. For this, lay a ruberoid on a box of expanded clay blocks. Over the roofing material is installed Mauerlat - a special board, which will evenly distribute the load of the roof to all walls. And also the Mauerlatt will link the frame of the garage roof to the walls, creating a solid construction. Therefore, it must be securely attached to the claydite-concrete wall.
Now you can collect the roof frame. Most often for a garage choose a two-slope, single-deck or flat roof. They are simple in execution and quite practical. The device will require rafters, which will be the backbone of the roof. The lath is packed on them. Over roofing is mounted roofing material for the roof of the garage. We recommend you to use for this purpose corrugated board, bituminous shingles, slate or seam roof. If you already have money, then ideally make a garage roof out of metal.
Let's sum up the results
Garage of expanded clay blocks is ready. More precisely, his box is completely made. You can say that all the hardest is over. Remained minor work on the installation of the floor, plating and warming the walls, as well as installing windows and garage gates. Pleases that keramzitobeton perfectly perceives any finish. This will allow you to create not only a reliable and durable garage, but also beautiful.
Polycarbonate garage with own hands
How to build a garage with your own hands
Business Ideas in the Garage
Optimal dimensions for the garage