Making frames for pictures is an exciting lesson, revealing the talent of the designer in the master. For small images and photographs, there are many interesting ideas on using improvised materials. What ways of framing the frames for the pictures exist, we will tell in detail.
Small design tricks
Before you make a frame for your own picture, you should build a clear design concept. It is important to remember its purpose to frame the image and serve as a background only for revealing the idea of composition. Invisible compatibility with a photograph or canvas, advantageously shading the picture - evidence of well-designed design.
The main factors that influence the choice of the available material are the plot of the image and the purpose of the room where it is planned to be placed. It's one thing to decorate the kitchen space, and the creativity for the bedroom looks different. The second stage when creating frames from improvised materials is the determination of a suitable color palette. Saturated shades are not always appropriate. Most often stop on neutral tones, which emphasize the semantic content of the picture.
If the first experience of manufacturing with your own hands does not meet expectations, you should not get upset, there is always the opportunity to adjust a separate element or completely replace the frame with a new masterpiece. But do not rush, perhaps simply changing the location of the picture in another place with other lighting or entourage will completely change the perception of the image.
Experiment, and a decent result will not make you wait. For excitement, we offer photo products from improvised materials, worthy of attention and the dissemination of useful experience.
Draw your own hands the frame for the picture can be from various materials at hand. Popular options:
- Wood. And it can be polished planochki, even twigs or even small in diameter cuts.
- Cardboard. Ideal for children's creativity when making their own hands for picture frames.
- Strapping the frame with a cloth.
- Original frame from PVC molding.
Depending on the handy material, you will need to prepare for work:
- ruler, pencil and scissors;
- jigsaw or hacksaw on wood;
- Glue, depending on the handy material, from which the frame for the picture will be assembled;
- small nails;
- paint, varnish or stain;
- decorative elements.
Create a wooden frame
Use as a frame of wooden elements - the traditional version of the image. Most products are manufactured in neutral tones and simple shapes. The use of wood carving is only available to units, the end result of such creativity is always striking in its refinement.
The use of racks in work is due to a simple assembly process that does not require special skills. Four blanks in accordance with the size of the picture are interconnected. The picture is mounted behind the lap with a minimum margin of 0.5 cm. It is a little more difficult to make wooden frames for paintings with glass. To do this, you need a sheet of plywood, the glass of the right size can be cut in the workshop.
The main stages of the process:
- Wooden billets from the inside deepen for the subsequent placement of glass.
- Spit the desired angle on the bar will help a square or a chair.
- Before you begin to assemble the frame for the picture, the slices are treated with sandpaper.
- Separate elements are connected with glue.
- After a full drying of the frame for the picture, which lasts about 5 hours, the product can be further stapled with a furniture stapler.
- Staining or opening with varnish is carried out at your discretion.
- At the final stage, they begin assembling all the elements - plywood, paintings, glass and, directly, frames from improvised materials. It is recommended to glue the plywood to the frame, and fix it in small cornices at the corners.
It is also interesting to arrange a ready-made wooden frame purchased in the store. Using all sorts of decorative elements will give the product an individuality and as close as possible to a particular interior or plot of the picture.
In addition to laths, creative personalities use for framing and other improvised materials. Their role is played by thin twigs, small spits and even bamboo sticks. Vivid examples of design with available materials are presented in the photo:
Soft framing pattern
The cheerful plot of the picture looks organically in a soft frame, usually motley creativity from improvised materials is placed in the children's room. The algorithm of actions includes the following steps:
- The main frame is a wooden slats, fastened with glue or carnations. The size of the frame along the inner perimeter is less than the picture by 3-5 mm.
- Prepare a template from the cardboard, focusing on the dimensions of the wooden frame.
- The cardboard blank is cut into 4 parts, they serve as a template for cutting the fabric.
- Fabric details are cut taking into account allowance for seams of 1 cm and 2 cm are added to create the volume.
- The billets are harvested, after which they are covered with a wooden frame.
When the bulk of the work on forming a frame for the picture from the available materials is completed, the reverse side is sealed with cardboard. The following examples of creativity are presented in the photo:
Impromptu from cardboard
Another handy material, actively used for making frames - cardboard. Due to the simplicity of the process, it is ideal for creativity with children. The final result depends largely on the idea of decorating. As improvised materials, that is, accessories for frames of paintings are:
- beads and beads;
- cloth and leather;
- buttons and threads;
- dry food products (pasta, cereals, coffee, etc.);
- all kinds of small pieces of mirrors, mosaic cards, etc.
For a basis take an ordinary cardboard, the goffered product or any box. The outline is based on the size of the photo or picture. The inner perimeter overlaps the image by 0.5 cm, the width of the frame depends on the overall dimensions and varies within 4-6 cm.
Then cut the back of the frame with a leg that will close the picture. The leg is needed if you plan to place an image on the table, if you want to decorate the wall, this stage is skipped. The approximate size of the leg is 7x17 cm, on one side the rectangle is sharpened, on the other, a 2 cm-wide bend is formed. At the final stage, the assembly is started. When the cardboard base, begin to decorate the frame with improvised materials at their discretion.
Nuances of decoration
The easiest way to decorate the frame for a painting is to cover the base with acrylic paint. The shade is selected taking into account the color scheme of the composition. Much more interesting are the specimens, where as a decor there are all sorts of commissioning materials - buttons, coffee beans, which are glued close to each other. Sometimes eggshells are used for this purpose. The easiest way to decorate a picture frame is to use the remains of Easter eggs, if the holiday has long passed, the shell is painted with paint, crushed and glued to a frame.
It is enough to simply decorate the cardboard frame for the picture with wallpaper or an interesting collage of old postcards. The next improvised material is colored paper, folded with thin tubes, which are also glued closely to each other in several rows.
The frame for the picture, framed with lace or tied with a crochet, looks extremely elegant. Illustrative examples of design using handy materials are presented in the photo:
Frames for paintings and photographs can be made from molding, ceiling skirting and even stucco molding. The choice depends on the required width. Usually a base is prepared from plywood or cardboard, then billets from modnig or fillets are cut at an angle of 45about.
Elements are fixed on the basis with the help of polymer glue, and an adhesive gun is also useful. Putty is useful for masking small errors in the form of corner slots. How can I paint a frame for a picture of molding? acrylic or water-based paint will be welcome. The procedure is carried out with a brush or an aerosol can. The final stroke is a water-based lacquer.
As you can see, there are a lot of options for using improvised materials for framing a picture. The main thing is to show your own imagination and not be afraid of experiments. The main investment is time, but the result can amaze with its sophistication or a non-trivial solution.
How to make a lightning rod in the dacha with your own hands
Wine Bottle Stand
Forged candlesticks + photo
Self-propelled truck with own hands